Chemical applications Magnesium Hydroxide
Magnesium Hydroxide is used in a wide variety of applications. Van Mannekus & Co. supplies different grades of Magnesium Hydroxide applicable for these markets. Both in powder as in liquid suspension, the Magnesium Hydroxide could be used for the Phosphate removal, Struvite formation, pH neutralization and the neutralization of SO3 in Energy waste gas streams.
Removal of ammonia and phosphorus
Flue gas treatment in energy plants
Sewage water treatment
Flame Retardant Magnesium Hydroxide
Ecopiren is produced by Russian Mining Chemical Company and Van Mannekus is the sole distributor for the Ecopiren range in Europe.
Ecopiren products produced in a carefully controlled process are designed for use as effective fire retardant and smoke suppressing additives in many polymer systems, achieving high values flame retardancy, low smoke emission and toxic gas absorption without detriment to mechanical properties.
- Precisely controlled particle size distribution and particle shape
- Consistent and controlled chemical composition
- High values of whiteness
- It decomposes endothermically, releasing diluent gas, at temperatures close to the decomposition of the polymer
- Stable at processing temperatures up to 300°C
- It can be incorporated into the polymer at the required loading without unduly affecting performance characteristics
- Low abrasion in comparison with aluminum trihydrate ATH
- Improved water resistance during storage due to the lowering of water vapour adsorption
Ecopiren is suitable as flame retardant in PVC, PP and PE compounds. It is available with an average particle size of 5 and 3 microns, and as a surface coated or un-coated product.
Download datasheet of Ecopiren 5 here.