The Ecopiren® products are produced in a carefully controlled process and are designed for use as effective fire retardant and smoke suppressing additives in many polymer systems, achieving high values of flame retardancy, low smoke emission and toxic gas absorption without detrimental effects to mechanical properties.
• Precisely controlled particle size distribution and particle shape
• Consistent and controlled chemical composition
• High values of whiteness
• It decomposes endothermically, releasing diluent gas, at temperatures close to the decomposition of the polymer
• Stable at processing temperatures up to 300°C
• It can be incorporated into the polymer at the required loading without unduly affecting performance characteristics
• Low abrasion in comparison with aluminum trihydrate ATH
• Improved water resistance during storage due to the lowering of water vapour adsorption
Ecopiren® is suitable as flame retardant in PVC, PP and PE compounds. It is available with a large variety of particle sizes and as coated (strearic acid) or un-coated.